Now that we’re well into the New Year and busy with work, kids’ activities, home life and everything else in between, do you feel like self-care is the LAST thing on your list (or even non-existent)?
If your answer is YES, we have a problem! It’s time to prioritize and really re-evaluate your lifestyle your busy schedule so there is more YOU time! You’ve probably heard this before, but if you can’t take care of your own health and well-being, it’s impossible to give your BEST self to others.
Here are 10 tips on how to give yourself some extra self-care during busy days:
- Wake up early and start the day with a few minutes of mindfulness or meditation.
- Set aside a specific time each day for self-care, such as reading a book, taking a bath or going for a short walk.
- Take short breaks throughout the day to breathe deeply and recenter yourself.
- Prioritize sleep and make sure to get enough rest each night.
- Plan your meals in advance and make sure to eat health and nourishing foods throughout the day.
- Schedule regular exercise during your day. Block time out on your calendar (like you would for a meeting) and never cancel on yourself!
- Make time for regular hobbies and interests that bring you joy.
- Set boundaries with your work and personal life to avoid burnout (I know we’re all guilty of this one).
- Get outside and spend time with nature whenever possible!
- Practice gratitude and focus on the positive aspects of your life.
It’s important to remember that self-care is not selfish, but necessary in order to take care of yourself so you can take care of others and perform at your best.
I’d love to hear self care habits you have for yourself! Leave a comment on this post to share.
In good health,